Tuesday, January 24, 2012

INTEGRATION (Bonfire Academy Book Two): A Teaser

Broken. I couldn’t think of a better word to describe it. Torn. Shredded. Not that I could see anything. I wasn’t sure that I even had any eyeballs left. If I did, I couldn’t feel them. All I felt were excruciating stabs of pain searing through every inch of my body. Was the pain was coming from within or was I being repeatedly sliced open with a sharp implement? Did it matter? I could feel my head getting hazy. It was only a matter of seconds before my thoughts would end.

“Cordelia!”

My name. I heard the same voice say my name again and again. Why? Who was it? It–he–sounded familiar. My stomach heaved as the voice triggered the memory of his face… his touch. Not being able to stop the bile from travelling up my throat, I choked and then purged, emptying my stomach completely.

His voice was laced with disgust as he muttered my name again. But his revulsion couldn’t compete with my utter repugnance and disbelief at what he had done. Him. Someone I had trusted with my life, even though the rule was clear. Trust No One.

1 comment:

Evie said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!
It cannot be Jagger!? I secretly hope it's her soon to be ex? Is that wrong of me lol.